Thursday, January 17, 2013

Sleet, Short Week, & Pilates...I Can Do This!

Three days off due to inclement weather. Back to work today. A 2-day work week...I CAN do this! Then a 3-day weekend!

Finally got to run at 5am this morning, since the streets weren't as icy. The trees were so pretty covered with ice & the streetlights shining on them. They just seemed to glisten. As I was walking down the driveway, I could hear a sort of crackling sound...I thought it was the trees trying to thaw out or ice dropping to the ground. Then I thought I saw a few snowflakes. I continued to walk down the street to meet up with my running buddies, and I noticed small chunks of ice hitting me in the face...it was sleeting! The sleet came down for a good 30 minutes of our run. I managed to squeeze in a 5 mile run.

The school day went by quite quickly! YES! One day down...one to go!

Came home & finally made the time to do my new Pilates DVD I received for Christmas. Hello abs & inner thighs! Went to the gym yesterday...didn't realize how sore I was until I started the DVD. The thigh machine kicked my butt at the gym! Pilates kicked my butt this afternoon, but it was so nice!

Next long run is Saturday. It's a drop back week, so I'll be running around 9 miles.

No comments:

Post a Comment