Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Not so Speedy Speedwork

Looking at my stats from my Garmin, apparently my speedwork is a fast runner's slow run. Wasn't for sure if we were doing speedwork this morning. To be honest, I've had my Garmin for a year & haven't taken the time to figure out how to set it up for intervals...I guess because I loathe speedwork.

We did a 2 mile warm-up, then 4x400s, then a mile or so cool down. Whenever "Coach Ruthie" says "Ok", "Start", or "Go", I start speeding up & just try to listen to her verbal cues. I ran a little over 5.2 miles in 52 minutes...said I ran around a 10 minute pace. I don't know how fast my intervals were. I know my runs can be faster! I don't know if it's the cold or what. Oh well, at least I'm out doing something! Could be worse.

3 1/2 weeks until my first Half-Marathon! I can do this! Going to try for 13 miles on my long run Saturday...we shall see.

No comments:

Post a Comment