Thursday, January 10, 2013

Mother Nature Strikes Again...

Rain...rain...rain...and more rain! She's also taking us on another roller coaster ride of temperatures. Cold start to the week and by the weekend we'll be in the 70s, then drop back off into the 40s next week. No wonder my sinuses are jacked up!

Intended to run Tuesday, but felt I needed a break after my pathetic, sluggish run on Monday. Still struggling with the effects of bronchitis & breathing. We knew rain was in the forecast for pretty much the rest of the week & weekend, but thought it would arrive later Wednesday...WRONG! So no run.

I decided I was going to set my alarm this morning and run no matter what...even though I loathe the rain. So I get up first thing to check the weather. Now to the paint the picture for you...I can't tell by looking out the window if it's raining since I don't have my glasses on, so I go outside in my t-shirt & underwear. I know...lovely visual, but I had to see & feel if it was raining. Luckily it was only lightly misting, so I decided to get ready.

I figured I would be the only one out in the unpredictable weather. As I was rounding the corner to our usual meeting place in the neighborhood, I see "Coach Ruthie" (my training partner) coming up the street. Thank goodness! She was doing speedwork, so I only got to run with her for 2 miles. I didn't want to push it when I'm still trying to recover. Though I was pleased to see that my last 3 miles got quite a bit faster. Can't wait to get back to my normal self so I can work on speedwork & get a little faster. Thankfully the rain held off for the most part...just experienced some sprinkles.

The forecast is showing rain from Saturday-Tuesday! Hoping I can at least get my long run in on Saturday or it'll have to be a soggy one.

5 weeks from Sunday until the Half-Marathon! I'm starting to get excited, but nervous at the same time. Will I be ready? Will I be able to run the whole thing without walk breaks other than the water stops?

No comments:

Post a Comment