Sunday, January 13, 2013

Ankle issues?

Since last Saturday's long run, I've been noticing a little ankle pain/tenderness in my left ankle.  I did a search on KT tape and ankle stability.  Their website provided a video (kttape.com/instructions/ankle-stability) and visual (http://www.kttape.com/wp-content/uploads//KT_Instructions_Ankle_Stability.pdf)

I had some KT tape leftover, so I thought I'd give it a try.  I don't think I did it exactly right, but I didn't feel any pain on my long run.  During my run, I could feel the tape loosening a little bit, and noticed some of the tape had come undone once I got home.  Maybe my compression calf sleeves helped to hold the tape in place.

I'll definitely try this technique again with the hopes of getting it a little tighter.  The first time is usually a trial.  It's definitely worth a try if you're having ankle issues.

No comments:

Post a Comment