Monday, January 14, 2013

Flood Day

We've had so much rain that we got a flood day & now we're under a winter weather advisory. Mother Nature just can't make up her mind! I'm not complaining...glad to get an unexpected day off.

Saturday I was running in shorts & a tank top, and today I was bundled up & wearing 2 pairs of gloves! My thermometer said 30 degrees, but we had a windchill of 13! Winds were blowing at about 12mph or more. Thank goodness for my buff! I don't care if I do look like a robber while I'm running...it sure kept my face warmer.

I was supposed to be doing speedwork with the other 2 girls. We did a 2 mile warm-up, then I did one 400. The next was supposed to be an 800. I kept hearing beeping, thinking it was Coach Ruthie's watch (mine wasn't set for speedwork) telling us to start, but it was mine. It was telling me that my watch was full & runs needed to be deleted. I've had my Garmin for a year & I'm still so ignorant as to all the features...basically, I start/stop, plug it into the computer, & charge it up. So I had to stop to try to delete the runs...while I'm doing this, the other girls run ahead & make it back around the block which is .6 of a mile. I'd get to the delete screen, hit "yes", then it kept taking me back. I finally gave up! So I guess you could say I ran "naked". Don't have an exact distance or pace, but I'm guessing that it was around a 10k...judging from what the others did, then I added extra to it. I gave up on the speedwork. The wind was beating me too much anyway...felt like I was going nowhere. Good times!

At least I got UP & OUT! Now, bring on the laziness! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment