Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Back to Work, Bronchitis, & Bringing Up the Rear

Back to work...YAY! Not really! Christmas Break spoiled me...I got to sleep a little later, which meant I didn't have to be out the door at 5 am for a run. That was the best part! Other than being able to lay around in the pj's for the majority of the day watching Christmas movies. I think my dog & cat were thrilled I went back to work, since I was hogging the couch!

I must admit that I was ready to get back into a routine. So, stubborn me, decided to get back into the swing of things with a run before work. I really shouldn't have run with still having bronchitis! It was COLD (windchill around 19 degrees)! I bundled up...wore my buff over my nose, even though I looked like a robber...I didn't care as long as it kept me from sucking in cold air directly! Once I got started, I realized that I'd forgotten to puff on the inhaler prescribed to me...man did my chest feel tight! I wound up only doing 4 miles and felt like I was bringing up the rear the entire time.

I know that Runner's World just did a recent article on running while sick (http://www.runnersworld.com/health/should-you-run-when-youre-sick?page=single). Why can't I listen to advice? As a result of my stubbornness, I have felt cruddy all day at work! Luckily, the students don't return until tomorrow.

I had every intention of going to the gym after work. That didn't happen! Speaking of the gym...I have been SLACKING! I haven't been since the week we got out for Christmas Break (2 weeks ago). TOMORROW...I WILL go to the gym tomorrow! Must get back on track!

Hopefully, I'll get a better night's rest and will feel better tomorrow. I guess I won't be running in the morning as I had planned...maybe Friday. I'd like to be well enough to get over the 10 mile hump...I want to make it to 11! I need to make it to 11!

No comments:

Post a Comment