Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Workout Wednesday



I made it to the gym before 8am this morning for an upper body workout (biceps, triceps, & back). Couldn't believe how sore my arms were from swimming laps yesterday.

For my cardio, I decided to dust off the 'ol Schwinn for a 30 minute bike ride around the neighborhood. I haven't ridden my bike in YEARS! I enjoyed feeling the breeze against my face & blowing through my hair. It was a different kind of freedom. I was definitely feeling my legs after a while, especially after my leg workout yesterday. Funny how some of the inclines I normally run felt like a challenge on the bike...you'd think it'd be the other way around. And thank goodness for "squishy" bicycle seats...just don't see how cyclists & triathletes do it!

Later in the evening, I returned to the gym for yoga. I was the only one there, so I got my own personal (more advanced) yoga session. It was so nice! Different positions from what I'm used to on my yoga DVD. I almost didn't go for yoga...glad that I did, though.

Tomorrow, I return to my orthopedic doctor to find out the results of my MRI. Hoping I'll be free to run...can't wait to hit the pavement again!

No comments:

Post a Comment