Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Tackle it Tuesday



Tackle it Tuesday almost became Take it Easy Tuesday (a nicer way of saying Lazy Tuesday). I'm not going to lie...there were still some moments of laziness, but I'm glad I did tackle a workout at the gym.

I decided to combine everything & do one big workout with arms, legs, and a little back. I got to the gym around 9:30 and was surprised to see that there weren't many people working out....so no fighting for equipment!

I warmed up for about 7 minutes on the elliptical...that was about all I could take! I was starting to feel the grinding pain in the side of my knee. I didn't want to push it since I was going to be doing a leg workout.

My workout consisted of:  (still not adding much weight to legs since still trying to rehab)

  • squat machine- 4 sets of 15
  • bicep/hammer curls with hand weights 
  • leg press- 4 sets of 15
  • ABC triceps on cables (with V-grip, bar, rope)- 4 sets of 10 w/ various weight
  • leg extensions- 4 sets of 15
  • super-set bicep curls on cables w/ bar & rope (20-15-12-10)reps
  • super-set abductor & adductor machines- 4 sets of 20 (60-70-80-90)lbs
  • more triceps on cables (don't know terminology...just do what trainer showed me)
  • glute machine- 4 sets of 10 w/20lbs
  • a little back work with pull-down & rows (probably not proper terms)
  • ended with squats


The laziness ensued after I got home from the gym. Watched a dvr'd episode of the Real Housewives of New Jersey (one of my guilty pleasures), then fell asleep on the couch at some point.

Once I woke from my nap, I decided to get in the pool for a workout. I did some leg work, lunges, and squats. I also did some running motion in the deep end, as well as swim laps. Hoping the water will eventually help with the IT Band & knee pain.

I finished Tackling my Tuesday by doing P90X Ab RipperX.

How did you Tackle your Tuesday?


No comments:

Post a Comment