Tackle it Tuesday almost became Take it Easy Tuesday (a nicer way of saying Lazy Tuesday). I'm not going to lie...there were still some moments of laziness, but I'm glad I did tackle a workout at the gym.
I decided to combine everything & do one big workout with arms, legs, and a little back. I got to the gym around 9:30 and was surprised to see that there weren't many people working out....so no fighting for equipment!
I warmed up for about 7 minutes on the elliptical...that was about all I could take! I was starting to feel the grinding pain in the side of my knee. I didn't want to push it since I was going to be doing a leg workout.
My workout consisted of: (still not adding much weight to legs since still trying to rehab)
- squat machine- 4 sets of 15
- bicep/hammer curls with hand weights
- leg press- 4 sets of 15
- ABC triceps on cables (with V-grip, bar, rope)- 4 sets of 10 w/ various weight
- leg extensions- 4 sets of 15
- super-set bicep curls on cables w/ bar & rope (20-15-12-10)reps
- super-set abductor & adductor machines- 4 sets of 20 (60-70-80-90)lbs
- more triceps on cables (don't know terminology...just do what trainer showed me)
- glute machine- 4 sets of 10 w/20lbs
- a little back work with pull-down & rows (probably not proper terms)
- ended with squats
The laziness ensued after I got home from the gym. Watched a dvr'd episode of the Real Housewives of New Jersey (one of my guilty pleasures), then fell asleep on the couch at some point.
Once I woke from my nap, I decided to get in the pool for a workout. I did some leg work, lunges, and squats. I also did some running motion in the deep end, as well as swim laps. Hoping the water will eventually help with the IT Band & knee pain.
I finished Tackling my Tuesday by doing P90X Ab RipperX.
How did you Tackle your Tuesday?