Saturday, December 29, 2012

U-G-L-Y...you ain't got no alibi...

What an ugly run! I was hoping for 11 miles, but it just didn't happen. I did make it to 10, but I honestly don't know how. I do have an alibi! Because of Mother Nature's roller coaster ride, I'm developing another sinus infection with lots of coughing & some chest congestion. Yesterday I felt like a Mac truck had run over me! I had chills & body aches. I spent the majority of the day with the vaporizer, resting, and drinking lots of hot tea & water. I even had a date with Dr. Teal in the hopes that the body aches would go away...love his Epsom salts! Took some nighttime generic sinus pills & prescription cough syrup...slept like a baby!

Woke up feeling a lot better, so I decided to get my long run over with. It was cold & windy! My buff came in quite handy today. I didn't care how goofy I looked in it...was trying to keep from breathing in the cold air directly. With about 3 miles to go, it began spitting snow. I was beginning to think I was seeing things from the sinus meds, but Ruthie confirmed the snow. Ruthie started a little earlier than me, so I had to finish up the last 2 miles on my own...I decided to hit the golf course. Big mistake! I was slow, my legs didn't want to move, it was hilly, and I was having to dodge puddles from yesterday's rain.

I just kept telling myself..."Make it to 10! Make it to 10! It doesn't matter about your time!" Does time matter on a long run? I just wanted to hang on. Isn't it more about endurance?

So 10 miles it was! Ugly as it may have been! A run is a run...

Chocolate milk, Neti pot, hot tea, soak with Dr. Teal, roll out with the Y foam roller, and more cough syrup...COMPLETE! Now enjoying couch time while watching snow flurries & a movie in my compression socks. Taking down Christmas decorations later...sad...don't want it to end!

No comments:

Post a Comment