Monday, December 31, 2012

Ringing in the New Year...

with bronchitis! Oh what fun!

I knew I shouldn't have done my long run on Saturday! But I'm STUBBORN! I don't like for things to slow me down. Mother Nature, you might slow me down, but I won't go down without a fight! I did skip out on my run this morning since the coughing has gotten worse & I have a lot more congestion in my chest.

I was looking out my kitchen window this morning and saw my training partner, Ruthie, running by herself. I so badly wanted to be out there with her! I know how lonely it can be when running by yourself. One of the other girls left on a cruise yesterday and the other hasn't run in over a week because she's had out of town family here for the holidays. Once school is back in session, maybe there will be some sense of normalcy..back to a routine...back to running at 5am...UGH!

So this lovely bronchitis has me spending my last two days of Winter Break on the couch doing as little as possible. Any other time, I would LOVE this! But it's different when you're forced to do it. I probably won't even make it to midnight to ring in the New Year. At least I found a clinic opened in town & got some good meds and antibiotics. Hopefully I'll be up & running in no time!

Happy New Year! Start the new year off on the right foot....or left! Just START!


No comments:

Post a Comment