Saturday, December 8, 2012

The Ugly Sweater Run

A hot mess is all I can say!

I drove through torrential downpours to get to Memphis. I was starting to worry that I wouldn't get to display my "ugliness". I got there early to pick up my packet and get a 3 mile run in before the start. Luckily I just got sprinkled on a few times during the first run...which I did in my normal running clothes. I wasn't about to run more than I had to in that heavy sweater vest! Keep in mind we've had an unseasonably warm December so far...it was in the 60s.

Not only was my ugly sweater & attire a hot mess, but I felt it! Let's just say Christmas sweaters aren't made for runners!

Since I had plans to do some Christmas shopping afterwards, I decided to go by a friend's house to shower. I had to stop at my favorite running store...Breakaway Running...since it was on the way. Of course I went in there with all my "ugly" garb on! They started taking pics to post on their running page & even poured me a Sam Adams Winter Lager in one of their Breakaway pint glasses.

After that, I went by Chick-fil-A to pick up lunch for my friend & myself. The drive-thru line was ridiculous, so I decided to go in...boy did I get some strange looks!









No comments:

Post a Comment