Saturday, December 15, 2012

Double Digits!

In the words of Sheldon Cooper..."BAZINGA!" I did it! I finally made it to 10 miles!

I can do this! I think I can...I think I can. The half-marathon is still two months away. Now the goal is to remain injury & illness-free.

I really wasn't sure if I'd make it 10 miles...rain in the forecast, gusty winds, & my training partner was dropping back to 8. I was scared I'd be tempted to stop whenever she did. We ran into some sprinkles/drizzle along the way & and very brutal winds. I finished up the last 3 miles on my own. I was afraid if I turned back with my partner & saw the house, I'd want to stop. Plus, I'm stubborn! I said I was going for 10...so I went for it. The last 3 miles were lonely & I could tell I was starting to drag. Mother Nature's brutal force kicked my butt, but I can say I did it!

I must thank the makers of Dr. Teal's Epsom salts & foaming bath soak, as well as The Stick!

No comments:

Post a Comment