Monday, December 17, 2012

Mother Nature! Make up your freakin' mind!

It's the middle of December, and it's warm enough to wear shorts at 5 am! Just last week I was bundled up & my water froze in less than an hour. There are still frogs in my koi pond! Mother Nature, you're taking us on one wild roller coaster ride. I'm surprised my sinuses aren't screwed up more. Thank goodness for the Neti Pot!

I decided to throw a little speedwork into my run today...which I absolutely loathe. I did some fartleks within the 5 miles. I think my lungs are still on the route somewhere! I have to admit, it wasn't so bad...and I was pleased with my times. I guess now that I've built up my mileage some, I've got to start doing more speedwork.

My ugly sweater from the Ugly Sweater Run got another wear out of it today. Some of us teachers decided to have Tacky Sweater Day. My students got a kick out of it. (See previous post from the Ugly Sweater Run)

Countdown to Christmas Break= 1 1/2 more days!

Christmas Break= rest...run...repeat

Half-Marathon is 2 months from today's date...Feb. 17! I CAN do this!

No comments:

Post a Comment