Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Exhaustion, Wind, & Evaluation=Good Times!

Good Times! (oozing with sarcasm)

Last night I felt a little drainage creeping in, so I decided to take something...I guess it was taken too close to my nighttime pills for headaches, because I felt like I was awake more than I was asleep. I was also trying to be cautious since my husband moved & dropped a heavy mechanic's table on his shin, which was extremely swollen. I was afraid I'd bump or kick his leg in my sleep...I AM a kicker...or so I've been told!

Since my alarm was set to run & I was already awake, I figured I might as well get out. I knew I'd never go back to sleep & if I did crawl back in bed I'd just toss, turn, and be mad at myself for not running. As I'm washing my face, I can hear my Jamaican bamboo wind chimes clattering & clanking together...I'm thinking to myself "Oh, great! I LOVE running in the wind! About as much as I love running "the Delphus" (one of the lovely hills on my route)!" I really need to learn to love the things I hate.

After a 4.5 mile run, I get ready for work...running a few minutes later. I needed to get a few things done in my classroom this morning, so I go about my business, but I've had this inkling that my unannounced evaluation could happen any day now. Yep! That's right! Today was THAT day! That woman snuck in my room like a ninja! I didn't have a clue she was in there! And she is punctual...counts off if you're not on time. Thank goodness...for some strange reason that I can't explain...everything just fell into place! She would choose the week of our most difficult Reading skill: main idea & supporting details. Hoping for some decent scores and feedback! But before I get the feedback, I must type up a detailed lesson of everything I did in an hour and a half.

Can you say STRESSED? Doesn't that say DESSERTS if read backwards? I need some desserts & a RUN!


No comments:

Post a Comment