Saturday, November 17, 2012

Discovery Saturday

I discovered a few things on my long run today:

1.  Peanut Butter Gu=YUM!

2.  If you wait until 8am...when the sun is in full force...it's much warmer...even though the temperature outside was 35.  I'm used to running at 5am, and I've been freezing on my morning runs the past two weeks.  Thank goodness I wore something lighter weight...even though I did have to come out of it before mile 2.  I didn't expect to get as hot as I did!

3.  Seven miles by yourself can be pure torture!  I'm used to running with three other girls during the week and at least one of them on Saturdays.  I had no one to talk to, other than myself & some geese I passed by...no one to vent to about the past week...no one to help me forget about the distance or time.  Thank goodness for my iPod & my @RockMyRun music...it was at least background noise to drowned out my thoughts!

4.  I found a spread for my Thomas' Cinnamon Raisin bagels...Pocket Fuel Crunchy Banana Blueberry=YUM YUM!  It should've been my pre-run breakfast, but I don't eat much before a run.  I had picked up a packet at my local running store & thought I'd give it a try.  Quite a few calories, but also 100% natural & high in protein.

No comments:

Post a Comment