Saturday, February 9, 2013

I Can See the Light...

at the end of the tunnel. Today was my last long run before the half-marathon next Sunday. We've been tapering, so we only did an 8 mile run. I must admit that I've actually enjoyed my training! I've definitely come a LONG way!

I'm starting to get excited about the half. I'm sure over this next week, the nerves will also start kicking in.

I'm considering the idea of continuing my training & running the Germantown Half in Memphis on March 17. It's an incentive to keep the workouts/fitness up with an upcoming trip to Jamaica at the end of March. The only problem with running the Germantown Half is that I'd be running it by myself...my training buddy/"coach" is running one in Georgia. I don't know how well my motivation/energy would be by myself...I tend to psyche myself out when I'm running alone. Then again, I would recognize some familiar faces since I run a good bit of races around Memphis...maybe I could hook up with someone to help get me through it.

No comments:

Post a Comment