Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Been a While...

Since my last post. I'm still on my "Runner's High" from my first Half-Marathon! I'm also still trying to get over this sinus crud...don't think it'll be going about anytime soon with this crazy, up & down weather.

I'm still shocked at how well I did in my half-marathon with being sick & sleep deprived. 2:02:59...unbelievable for my first tone! It took me over a week to catch up on rest...all last week I was exhausted. It also took me a few days to get over my soreness.

I ran 10 miles Saturday morning before having to work Pancake Day at school at 9am. My friend, Beth, and I ran 5 miles together before she had to go work Pancake Day, then I ran 5 miles by myself...it was lonely. I ran the majority of it on the golf course...haven't run it in a while...it was so peaceful to run it while the sun was coming up...saw many deer.

I got very stiff after running 10 miles & pretty much standing in one spot for 2 1/2 hours working Take-Out at Pancake Day. I'm sure people thought I was crazy for moving from side to side a lot...probably thought it was some weird dance.

I've decided that I'm a glutton for punishment...I guess I'm going to run the Germantown Half-Marathon on March 17 in Memphis. I figured since my trip to Jamaica is coming up at the end of March, that I need to stay in shape, so I might as well just remain in training mode. I guess we'll see if I can beat my 1st time!

Dreading my long run this Saturday...chances of snow Friday night into Saturday morning, low 30s around 7am, but feel like 14, and winds around 14mph...GOOD TIMES!

No comments:

Post a Comment