Wednesday, February 13, 2013

I Can See Clearly Now...

I can see the light at the end of the tunnel! One more run tomorrow (4 miler) before the half-marathon on Sunday!!! I'm getting excited...it may all change to nervousness by Friday!

I'm trying to take it easy this week. Instead of going to the gym, I'm trying to do more yoga & Pilates. I had time for Pilates yesterday...I felt great afterwards...a different kind of energy than doing yoga. Boy can I feel my abs today! I tried to squeeze in some yoga today...did about 15 minutes...just couldn't focus or relax (my heart wanted to do it, but my head kept telling me I needed to grade those gazillion papers in my bag so I wouldn't have to worry about them over the weekend), and my toes felt really cold & numb (felt odd doing certain moves/positions). So I just gave up...oh well, there's always tomorrow afternoon!

I've started getting things together for the race/trip. Not really sure what all to take & scared I'll forget things. I guess I may as well pack the entire closet & bathroom! It's supposed to be cooler than originally predicted...don't know whether to take my long tights, capris, or shorts & compression sleeves. Waiting to view the hourly forecast, then maybe I can decide. I know they say to dress like it's 20 degrees warmer.

If you're in the U.S. and you'd like to track my run on Sunday, go to www.mercedesmarathon.com (I believe there's a tab at the top of the page that will take you there). My bib # is 2336.

No comments:

Post a Comment