Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Workout Wednesday



 
This morning was my last run of Summer Break...BOO! Man, it went by extremely fast! Compared to Monday's run, this run was like getting slapped in the face with a soaking wet, hot towel! It was so muggy outside...probably the muggiest all Summer! "Coach Ruthie" & I ran together. I tested out my new "jumper's knee strap" today...I turned it to the side over my fibular head...didn't feel any discomfort until around 2.25 miles...so I'm able to go a little further each time before feeling anything.
 
I tried a steeper decline & hill...first one since my ITBS injury. I didn't notice any discomfort (this was before reaching 2.25 miles). I made it about 3.25 miles before having to take a brief walk break...then made it to 4.1 & thought I was headed back home, while "Coach Ruthie" continued to complete her 6 mile run. I briefly walked again, then thought I'd see what I could do before pain. I made it 5 miles! YAY! Now tomorrow I may not be saying YAY. Maybe the "jumper's knee" strap turned to the side worked.
 
Here's my run:
It's like being slapped in the face with a soaking wet, hot towel! by nikerunner75 at Garmin Connect - Details

By the end of my run, I was soaking wet...felt like I had jumped in the pool with all my clothes on! I can't wait for cooler, Fall temps!

This evening I'm headed to the gym for some yoga. I need to bring some calm before THE STORM! THE STORM being back to work tomorrow...SIGH! I can't wait to use my new yoga mat again...it definitely made me smile!
 
A recent find at Ross Dress for Less...I couldn't resist the birds!
 


Summer Break went by so fast & I feel like I was just starting to enjoy it since I'm getting back to running. Oh well...see you next Summer, Summer Break!
From my all-time favorite movie...
 





No comments:

Post a Comment