Boy do I have a review & giveaway for you! I am SO excited to be reviewing PocketFuel! I strongly believe in their products...so much so that I contacted them about doing a review, and they have graciously agreed to allow me to host a giveaway.
I first discovered PocketFuel at my local running store in Memphis, Breakaway Running, when I was training for my first half-marathon. I wanted something "good for me" to refuel with after my long runs. From the first use, I've been hooked! I guess you could say it was "love at first bite/taste"! I never knew I'd like nut butters & almond butters so much. The flavors are so yummy & filling, yet aren't heavy on your stomach. I even converted my husband, who races hare scrambles & enduros (dirtbike racing through the woods & cross-country).
Let me tell you a little about PocketFuel & all their "good stuff".
- portable whole food fuel you can take with you anywhere & enjoy anytime
- made from 100% natural, WHOLE FOOD ingredients found in nuts, seeds, & fruits
- contains no preservatives
- gluten-free, vegan, & dairy-free
- provides a natural energy boost
- their Nut Butter blends are perfect for anyone with an active lifestyle
- Nut Butter blends are packed with many B-complex vitamins
- rich source of minerals
- eco-friendly packaging: 1.8oz or 3oz packages are 100% reusable with a resealable cap...you simply clean them & refill them using their 20oz pouch & patent-pending refueler transfer tool.
Founded in Hood River, Oregon by Mark & Heidi Ribkoff and Rod Parmenter. PocketFuel was created by athletes for athletes. Surrounded by an abundance of orchards overflowing with fresh fruit, the founders were inspired to innovate. The first PocketFuel products were developed with a passion for fueling a high energy, active, healthy lifestyle. Blending work and play, passion and power, PocketFuel is the result.
We provide healthy, tasty, portable whole food nutrition for everyone, from elite level athletes to kids at school, office workers to travelers and commuters. If you’re hungry, you have a right to a healthy, tasty snack that doesn’t taste like bark chips. Our handcrafted line of nut butter blends is made by us in Hood River, Oregon.
PocketFuel comes in 8 flavors:
- Chia Goji & Honey
- Chocolate Espresso
- Chocolate Haze
- Chocolate Smackaroon
- Chunky Coconut Cherry
- Crunchy Banana Blueberry
- Pineapple Coconut
- Vanilla Haze
Crunchy Banana Blueberry on a Thomas' Cinnamon-Raisin bagel
PocketFuel was kind enough to send me a sample of each flavor to review. I had previously tried Chocolate Haze, Chocolate Smackaroon, and Crunchy Banana Blueberry. You can't go wrong with chocolate (then again...I am a woman)! I thought my favorite flavor was Crunchy Banana Blueberry, but I have discovered there are other contenders.
Here's the order in which I tried the other flavors & my thoughts:
- 1st was Chia Goji & Honey- very subtle flavor with a little crunch from the seeds
- 2nd was Chocolate Espresso- I was kind of nervous about this one since I'm not a coffee drinker. You can smell the espresso & taste a hint of it straight from the package, but once on my bagel I didn't notice it so much. I was pleasantly surprised that I liked it!
- I must admit that I was really nervous about the next two flavors I tried. I didn't know what to expect. 3rd was Pineapple Coconut with bits of pineapple & coconut, and 4th was Chunky Coconut Cherry with bits of cherry & coconut. Let me just say...I think I'm in LOVE! I guess I should never judge a flavor by it's name!
- The last flavor I tried was Vanilla Haze- the texture seemed a little runny compared to the others, but the flavor was really good.
**Be sure to check out PocketFuel for lots more information & a description of flavors, as well as nutritional information.
Now for the Giveaway...
One lucky winner will receive a sample of ALL 8 flavors in the 1.8oz pouches!!! I hope you will enjoy them as much as I do! Good luck, everyone!
**Only U.S. residents are eligible to enter/win, due to shipping restrictions.
**I was not compensated in any way, other than receiving samples to review. ALL opinions are solely my own.