Friday, November 29, 2013

Preparing for my last training run...


Tomorrow morning will be my last training run of the season...8 miles...before the St. Jude Half. A week from now I'll be so wound up...anxious & nervous that I probably won't be able to sleep! This will be my 1st race since my injury back in the Spring. Tomorrow I will also be visiting my chiropractor for my last Active Release Therapy (ART) session before the race.



I must say that I am very grateful my chiropractor introduced me to Rock Tape! It has worked WONDERS on my knee during my long runs! If you haven't noticed...I like funky & different. I also have a roll of Tribal Tattoo tape (not pictured).
 


A week from tomorrow I will be running the St. Jude Half-Marathon as a St. Jude Hero. I raised a little over $500 for the children of St. Jude, so I will be proudly donning my Hero singlet.
 

Front view...a wee bit big, but proud to be a HERO nonetheless!
 
Back view
 


Not only will I be running for the kids of St. Jude, but I now have another reason to run. Two weeks ago I was matched with my "running buddy" from IRun4. I am running for a nine year old little girl named Bella that is struggling with seizures among a few other issues. I hope that by running for her & posting pictures to the IRun4 Facebook page, I can bring a smile to her face & give her a little something to look forward to...even if it is just a tiny bright spot in her life.
 

This says it all...
 
IRun4 Bella shoe bling...whenever I want to quit I look down at these.


If you're interested in donating to St. Jude, you can donate to my Hero page HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment